PhD in Marketing
Welcome to the PhD Program in Marketing at the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management at Michigan State University. The marketing faculty are interested in working with prospective graduate students who show the potential to become top scholars in the field. The research productivity of the marketing faculty consistently ranks among the leading research intensive universities in the world. We look forward to you joining us as we endeavor to push forward the frontiers of marketing thought. Below, we provide some key highlights about our faculty and program.
- Explicitly focused on marketing strategy, the Marketing Ph.D. program trains researchers interested in topics such as brand and new product management, relationship marketing, and corporate strategy. Supportive, collaborative and focused on publishing top marketing research papers.
- The Marketing department at MSU is ranked #12 (globally) and #6 (public) for research impact. (study conducted by the University of Minnesota)
- The Byington Marketing Speaker Series provides doctoral students the opportunity to meet with some of the top marketing researchers in the world. Past guest speakers included Neil Morgan (Indiana University), Robert Palmatier (University of Washington), Robert Meyer (Wharton), and Roland Rust (Maryland)
- Partnerships with major firms both within and outside the state of Michigan in addition to companies involved in MSU’s Executive Education, the Broad College alumni and the numerous campus centers.
- Strong econometrics, management, psychology, and supply chain management that provide support courses to fill out a student’s minor.