To be considered for admission to the program, an applicant must:
- Submit a complete application packet.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized educational institution.
- Have a grade point average of at least 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate work.
- Take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and submit your score to MSU.
Admission to the MSMR program is competitive and meeting the minimum standards listed above does not guarantee admission into the program. The Admissions Committee considers the applicant’s overall record including letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, work experience, and extra-curricular activities.
Prior to enrollment in the Broad MSMR program, the applicant must have:
- Completed, with a grade of 3.0 (B) or higher, a college-level course in statistics (covering probability theory and distributions, descriptive statistics, sampling, estimation, and hypothesis testing)
- A working knowledge of personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, networking, and database management systems
- A basic understanding of accounting, finance, marketing, and the management of people
- A laptop computer capable of running Windows software
The MSMR program follows a rolling admissions process. Individual applications are reviewed when all of the required materials have arrived to our office, and we inform applicants of the decision made on their application as soon as possible. Applications are the same for both the full-time and online programs.
Apply as a Domestic Student
Apply as an International Student